By Susan Brady
For some people, certain exercises can look intimidating or boring and might cause them to skip out on a good workout. Fitness expert and owner of Burn workout studio, Lisa Corsello, wants to help everyone find the best workout routines for their personality and has developed a quick exercise quiz to help you achieve the best results.
"Knowing what works for you will help determine the type of exercise routine you're likely to stick with," says Corsello. "This is a perfect way to keep those healthy New Year's resolutions on track."
Determine your exercise personality by asking yourself the following questions:
1. Do you like to:
a. Exercise alone
b. Exercise with a close friend and/or a group of total strangers
2. Does competition leave you breathless with:
3. Answer the following sentence: Exercising with music makes me feel…
a. Distracted. I prefer silence or the quiet sounds of nature.
b. Motivated and energized
If most of your answers were A's,
- Try different DVDs to try at home and rotate them to avoid mental and physical boredom.
- Try a local yoga class
- Search for a deal with a reputable personal trainer for a few private sessions to create a safe yet challenging exercise routine
- Choose a walking route through your neighborhood or local park and get your heart rate up with a brisk walk each day
If most of your answers were B's:
- Find a class at the local gym or community center
- Enlist friends, neighbors and/or family members to join you on walks, jogs, and attend exercise classes with you
- Join a local sports team
- Create a few playlists to use for different exercise routines
- Start a competition with friends or co-workers to see who can log in the most exercise hours each week.