Here’s a quick guide you can follow to help flatten your stomach. Print this list out and post it somewhere in your house where you’ll see it.
1. Walk/jog for 30 minutes at least 3 times per week to boost your metabolism in order to burn that fat.
2. Eat a small handful of almonds (at least 6 – 8) every mid-morning. Almonds are one of the healthiest snacks you can eat and the protein is good for burning fat.
3. Purchase a Pilates DVD and do the exercises at least 2-3 times per week. Pilates works on toning your entire body with concentration on your powerhouse (middle section) and will improve your flexibility.
4. Add fiber to your diet and cut down your intake of the bad carbs. Foods such as white bread, pastas, potatoes, and white rice should be limited. Eat brown rice and whole wheat bread instead. To get that needed fiber increases your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables (especially the leafy green ones).
5. Drink almond or organic soy milk instead of whole milk from a cow. Keep your dairy intake at a minimum because these products often cause bloating and gas.
6. Perform proper crunches at least 3 times a week to train your abs. Avoid sit-ups because they really do very little to firm your stomach. Sit-ups work your hip flexors more than anything else.
7. Drink plenty of water. Not only will it help fill you up so you eat less, but it aids in digestion.
8. Stop eating within 3 hours of bedtime. If you have to munch on something, eat a small portion of vegetables or fruit. Not eating late can make a huge difference.
9. Eat smaller meals more often instead of 2-3 big meals per day to keep from having that bloated look and feeling. Eating more meals actually kicks up your metabolism.
10. Take a break from healthy eating once in a while and treats yourself to your favorite dessert. If you completely deprive yourself of the foods you love you’ll run the risk of going back to your bad eating habits. Moderation is the key.
Just remember that slow and steady wins the race when it comes to slimming your waistline and flattening your stomach. There’s no such thing as losing your stomach fast. You have to work at it daily and remain consistent with your diet and exercise.
If you remember nothing else, remember this: A flat stomach comes with plant based diet and total body fitness – not just from spot toning your stomach with crunches.